Friday, September 13, 2019

you can’t hide


Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
- Psalm 139:7-10

Did ya’all notice that it is Friday the 13th?
I did.
It’s my favorite day.
Come on, for real, there I nothing anywhere that proves that Friday the 13th is unlucky.
Many think that the reason for the number 13's bad luck comes from the Bible!
Judas, who betrayed Jesus, is thought to have been the 13th guest to sit down to the Last Supper.
There is even a word for it: paraskevidekatriaphobia.
So if you have paraskevidekatriaphobia, go ahead and stay in bed today, hide under the covers or in the closet.
But know this – you can’t hide from God.
God is always with you.
A good quote that I don’t know the source is “stop telling yourself how big your fear is, and tell your fear how big your God is.”
Pretty good advice, I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...