Thursday, September 26, 2019

time to prune


He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.
- John 15:2

Fall is on the way!
If anyone has a green thumb (I do not), this is the time of year that you start pruning back your azaleas and roses and fruit bearing bushes and trees.  
I often wondered why people do this (again, I cannot keep a plant alive), and I learned that they do this to get rid of unhealthy branches so that the plant is healthier and prettier next year, bearing more fruit or flowers.
Did you know that the Father does the same for us?
Sometimes this means ending a friendship, or moving across the country to start over.
You just have to remember that when you are going through difficult times, that God is pruning you to make you stronger, so pay attention and learn from the experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...