Wednesday, September 4, 2019

what are you doing?


I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.
- Romans 7:15-17

That is a pretty profound thought, isn’t it?
How many times have you been in the middle of a situation and thought “what am I doing”?
How many times have you looked back at things in your past and asked “what was I thinking”?
We all start out each day with good intentions, right?
But then our bodies decide to switch directions and even though our spirit wants to love and be kind, we end up falling to temptation and sin.
This is not surprising, because we as humans are pitifully weak.
One of my favorite lines from a movie is something like “Your ego is writing checks your body can’t cash” (flashback to the 80’s and points if you know the movie!!)
Jesus tells us to stay close to Him, stay focused on Him and He will guide us when we stumble.
I want to be able to look back knowing I did the right thing by Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...