Wednesday, July 10, 2019

who is my friend?

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
- John 15:13-15

Friendship takes on many forms. 
There are the passing friendships you create when you meet someone a few times, but you wouldn’t ask those friends to help you in a serious situation. 
There are the friends from long ago, the ones that have moved away or you’ve just lost contact, but when you find each other on social media it’s a happy reunion. 
There are the friends that you talk with regularly, make plans and enjoy each other’s company.
There are the deep friendships, those that you would not think of making a life changing decision without first consulting them, hopefully your spouse is in this category and if not, make it happen!
There is no friendship greater than the friendship you have with God. 
He is the One you should turn to with all you life happenings- the good, the bad, the ugly. 
He will never turn from you in disgust, He will hold you when you cry and rejoice with you in your triumphs. 
I am a friend of God. 
Are you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...