Friday, July 12, 2019

do you have an idol?

You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.  You shall not bow down to them or worship them
- Exodus 20:4-5

I’d like to say that I don’t put anything before God. 
But I’m ashamed to say that I’m not sure that is 100% true.
I certainly don’t have a golden calf (or cat) that I pray to daily, current idols are quiet a bit more subtle than they were in the days of Exodus. 
The definition of “idol” is a person or thing that is greatly admired, loved, or revered.
People, possessions, status, these are all examples of idolatry today. 
Be careful about worshipping these things, they are false gods. 
Instead focus on the one true God. 
Seek Him in all situations, happy or sad. 
When you seek God over the world’s idols, His peace will fill you. 
Those other things may come in time, but even then they are temporary. 
God’s love is forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...