Monday, July 22, 2019

renewal


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
– 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

First, I apologize to my readers for being absent last week.  I was really good about posting to my blog every day while I was on vacation and when I came back from vacation WHOOSH – the real world came crashing in.
Vacation is supposed to be about relaxing, resting, regenerating.
Sometimes, the stress of every day life can be too much, work, home, kids, and we just need to get away.
We need to get back to the real Church.
Song reference – this one is newer, I heard it for the first time last week and it hit me in the feels.
There was a time that I swore I would never go back
I was blind to the truth, didn't know what I had
I was running, I was searching
But every place I turned for healing
Left me more broken than the last
Take me back
To the place that feels like home
To the people I can depend on
To the faith that's in my bones
Take me back
To a preacher and a verse
Where they've seen me at my worst
To the love I had at first
Oh, I want to go to church
Tried to walk on my own but I wound up lost
Now I'm making my way to the foot of the cross
It's not a trophy for the winners
It's a shelter for the sinners
And it's right where I belong
Take me back
To the place that feels like home
To the people I can depend on
To the faith that's in my bones
Take me back
To a preacher and a verse
Where they've seen me at my worst
To the love I had at first
Oh, I want to go to church
I want to go to church
Oh, more than an obligation
It's our foundation
The family of God
I know it's hard
But we need each other
We're sisters and brothers
Oh, take me back
To the place that feels like home
To the people I can depend on
To the faith that's in my bones
Take me back
To a preacher and a verse
Where they've seen me at my worst
To the love I had at first
Oh, I want to go to church
Yeah, I want to go to church
Oh, I want to go, want to go, I want to go
Oh, I want to go to church
Oh, I want to go to church
In reality, the only renewal we need is that which we are given from the Father.
Everything that we deal with on a day to day basis is temporary, these things will go away.
God is eternal.
Rest in Him.

Lyrics are to the song “Church” by Cochran & Co. I encourage you to find the official video on youtube and give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...