Friday, July 26, 2019

uplifting


He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in Him.
- Psalm 40:2-3

When you hit rock bottom the only place you can go is up.
That is a very old saying, I tried to Google the origins, but there are a lot of people that claim it is one variation or another.
I’ve been in some pretty low places in my life, some were worse than others, but one thing held firm through everything – God.
Even when I didn’t want Him to, He was holding me.
Even when I didn’t acknowledge Him, He was there.
When I was scared.
When I was alone.
When I had no where to turn, my God was always there.
The other day, a sweet friend was having a pretty yucky day, she posted on facebook that she was so grumpy that she was grumpy about being grumpy.
Things were going pretty badly that day, even her computer refused to cooperate.
In an effort to cheer her, I told her that it could be worse, she could have dumped coffee on her keyboard and fried the computer, or she could have dropped the computer and shattered the screen.
Or, she could have been sleepwalking and shaved half her head (she has gorgeous hair).
After reading that, she laughed and thanked me for keeping things in perspective.
But for real – rock bottom is rock bottom, and God can and will help you find your way back up.
Let me know if I can help you find Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...