Tuesday, July 30, 2019

finish the race


However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
- Acts 20:24

Over the years, I have heard many variations of the term “rat race”, from joining the rat race to escaping the rat race.
I always thought it just meant getting up and going to work every day until retirement, but when I googled it I found it to be a little deeper.
Wikipedia says A rat race is an endless, self-defeating, or pointless pursuit. The phrase equates humans to rats attempting to earn a reward such as cheese, in vain. It may also refer to a competitive struggle to get ahead financially or routinely.
Urban dictionary defines rat race as a term used to describe a frustrating, hard-to-break financial lifestyle. It is a lifestyle that is lived by countless people, oblivious to the very nature of it, to a degree that even when called upon, vehemently deny it.
Have you ever wondered if we are in a rat race to find salvation?
Earlier in Acts chapter 20, Paul is telling us that he is going to Jerusalem, knowing that he may go to prison.
In fact, Paul went to several prisons over the course of his life, because he was testifying about his God.
What is your life, if you don’t share the Gospel?
What might come of you if you don’t stand for what you believe?
Someday, someone may look at all these words I write since I started sharing my email/blog, and I may be arrested – it happens in other countries and I fear it will happen here someday too.
But . . .
If my words, caused one life to turn to Jesus, than it was worth it.
Jesus gave His life for you, would you give your life for Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...