Friday, November 2, 2018

thanks!


And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Colossians 3:17

November is set aside as the month for giving thanks.
Many of my FaceBook friends (myself included) have participated in the tradition of “30 days of thankful”, where you post one thing every day for the entire month of November for which you are specifically thankful.
It’s pretty cool to see what people post.
Over the course of the years during Thanksgiving dinners at my house, we have gone around the table and said what we were thankful for, sometimes putting a twist in it by going by the alphabet. (how many things are YOU grateful for that start with the letter X ?!)
All in all, we should be thankful every day.
For everything.
And we should give thanks to God for each and every possible thing in our lives, no matter how big or small.
I saw a sign one day that said “what if we woke up today with only the things we thanked God for yesterday?”
I am thankful for so much, but I will play the November game for fun.
Today, I am thankful for the words God gives me to share with others on in this forum, whether you are reading it via email or on my blog.

Have a blessed day!
Friendly reminder - time change for quite a bit of the US on Saturday night / Sunday morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...