Thursday, November 29, 2018

gifts


Thanks be to God for His inexpressible gift!
- 2 Corinthians 9:15

Oh my goodness, it is almost Christmas!
You know what that means, right?
Presents!  Lots and lots of presents!!!
As a child, (and even into early adulthood!) I can honestly say that I really didn’t get the whole “it’s better to give than to receive” thing.
But now, I have seen the joy on the faces of people as they receive an unexpected gift.
The happiness that radiates from within as someone opens that item, the object of their desire.
I wonder if that is how God feels when we realize the gift that He gave us, when we acknowledge how wonderful that gift is.
The Greatest Gift
Condemnation falls away
Never more to call on me and I am clean, yes I am clean
The powerful work of you in me
Breaks the chains of guilt and shame and I go free, yes I go free
I take them to your cross and leave them there
Captured by this grace I’m free at last
It is the great gift of Your salvation
Working in me, working in me
It is the life giving taste of heaven
Your kindness revealed, Your kindness revealed to me
It’s the greatest gift of all
It’s the greatest gift of all
It’s the greatest gift of all
Your mercy’s pouring down on me, Your mercy’s pouring down on me
And I am clean, I am clean
Your mercy’s pouring down on me, Your mercy’s pouring down on me
And I go free, I go free
Today I am thankful for the gifts I have been given, and the ability to share gifts with others.
Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Thank God that we can rejoice in you, the greatest gift that can exist is to have given us your son Jesus, thanks for the gift of eternal life, present in your promises, Christmas is a time to seek and strengthen unity in family and friends, I thank God for the gift of each morning, blessed be Jesus for the gift of your infinite love towards us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words! I could not do this without the love you God and the wisdom He provides.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...