Thursday, November 1, 2018

All Saint's Day


For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.
- 1 Timothy 2:5-6

I have heard of “All Saint’s Day” since I was a small child, growing up in a family with roots in Catholicism but not being Catholic myself, it didn’t make much sense to me.
Our friend the internet says “All Saints' Day is a solemn holy day of the Catholic Church celebrated annually on November 1. The day is dedicated to the saints of the Church, those recognized in the canon of the saints by the Catholic Church.
My brother (who was in the military and adopted Catholicism in his late 20’s) wore a medallion that read “Saint Christopher Protect Us”.
Again, our friend the internet tells us that “St. Christopher is viewed as a saint of protection, particularly for protection during travel and long voyages. Statues, medals and pictures of St. Christopher are often placed in vehicles for protection from car accidents. St. Christopher is also the Patron Saint of gardeners, sailors and transportation workers.”
I don’t know about all that, but I do know that for me, there is only One that will protect me, and that, my friends, is all I need to know.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...