Wednesday, November 21, 2018

family


This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.
- Psalm 118:24

Happy Thanksgiving!
Rejoice in this day, whether you are stuffing your turkey (or yourself), spending it with friends or family, or friends that are family.
Thanksgiving has always been a big day in my world, even before I found God. 
Thanksgiving was one of two days that as a family we sat down together for a huge meal.
As a child, my largest Thanksgiving was at most 6 people, and there was not a focus on God or for what we were thankful.
Imagine my shock, my first thanksgiving with my husband’s family, kids everywhere,  like 30 people and everyone there loved God.
Then we moved to Arkansas. 
The first year we tried to have a big dinner,  I had driven to Iowa and back to bring my mother to join us for a nice meal.
It was not the same,  I missed my husband’s family terribly,  there were a lot of tears.
Over the years we have perfected our big dinners by including our friends and most importantly including God.
We have  called it “Friendsgiving” but in reality, it is still Thanksgiving.  
I am thankful for every person that sits at my table.
I am thankful that God led my family to  Arkansas.
I am thankful for the jobs that allow us to provide the food for our dinners.
I am thankful for the home that we open to our friends and family.
I am thankful for my husband’s family, who taught me the true meaning of thanksgiving (it’s really not about the turkey!)
I am  thankful.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...