Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Prayer For A Friend


Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Pray without ceasing.
This is one of the biggest challenges that some of us face.
It is really hard to pray without ceasing, to give thanks in ALL circumstances.
We have talked about “what if I can’t”, and how can we be thankful for all things?
It is hard, but we must.
I have a personal favor to ask of you.
If you are reading this, please take a moment to pray for people in need of God.
I have a few in my life that really need Him.
Prayer For A Friend
Lord, I lift my friend to You, I've done all that I know to do
I lift my friend to You
Complicated circumstances have clouded his view
Lord, I lift my friend up to You
I fear that I won't have the words that he needs to hear
I pray for Your wisdom, oh God, and a heart that's sincere
Lord, I lift my friend up to You
Lord, I lift my friend to You
My best friend in the world, I know he means much more to You
I want so much to help him, but this is something he has to do
And Lord, I lift my friend up to You
'Cause there's a way that seems so right to him
But You know where that leads
He's becoming a puppet of the world, too blind to see the strings
Lord, I lift my friend up to You
My friend up to You
Lord, I lift my friend to You, I've done all that I know to do
I lift my friend to You
Today I am thankful for the ability to pray, for my friends, for my family, for others, for myself.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...