Monday, October 7, 2024

can’t get enough

Hell and Destruction are never full; So the eyes of man are never satisfied.

- Proverbs 27:20 (NKJV)

 

Our outlook on life often seems to depend on our circumstances, wouldn’t you agree?
If we are healthy and have plenty of money, a great job that we love and a wonderful family, we have a positive attitude and a pleasant demeanor.
Sadly, so many people in the world just can’t get enough of even one of those things, and therefore are never satisfied.
I heard a song on the radio last week just released in 2024 from Cochren & Co. called Money Can’t Buy and I was floored at how the lyrics resonated with me:
I set my sights on shiny things

That crumble into rust

That fade into the dust

I bought the lie that someday I

Would finally have enough

But it never is enough

So, wake me up

From this slumber that I'm in

Take me up

To a brand new horizon

Oh Lord, give me eyes to see

That what I need don't cost a thing

You fill my life

With something money can't buy

I'm done chasing after gold

Rip the price tag off my soul

You fill my life

With something money can't buy

(Something money

Something money can't buy

Something money

Something money can't buy)

It's the peace that comes from perfect love

The wonder in the stars

The beating in my heart

Sometimes you gotta stop

And look at what you got

That's when you realize

Ooh, the gift it is to be alive

Oh Lord, give me eyes to see

That what I need don't cost a thing

You fill my life

With something money can't buy

I'm done chasing after gold

Rip the price tag off my soul

You fill my life

With something money can't buy

Your love is all I've ever needed

Only You, only You can wake me up

From this slumber that I'm in

Take me up

To a brand new horizon

...
Some of those lyrics may have hit a little too close to home.    

Sometimes we really do need to stop and look around, to see everything that we have no matter how little that may be and realize that it is a gift to be alive.

We try to set an example for our children and our grandchildren and it seems as though the last few generations have been setting the wrong example.
Money can’t buy our way into heaven. 
Money can’t by love. 
Money can’t buy happiness. 
Money can’t buy life. 
But God can give us all of that and more. 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

lost

Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness - Deuteronomy 8:2a (NIV)   I’m going to get lost for a few days. Don’t ...