Friday, October 11, 2024

phone call

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.

- Jeremiah 33:3 (NKJV)

 

There are several times in the Bible where we read “call on Me” or “come to Me”.

God wants us to call to him.

God often waits for us to ask before He blesses us what He longs to give us.

Yet we lack the ability to comprehend and receive all the great truth about God – that He is GOOD!
God tells us that we can ask Him anything!

Jeremiah was in prison when he heard this word from God.

I would think that when one is at the lowest point of their life they would indeed call out to God. 

Jeremiah received a word of hope and promise when he heard the Lord speak. 

Can you hear God when you call?
Let’s go back to 2001, Nicole C. Mullen released a powerful song Call On Jesus: 
I'm so very ordinary, nothing special on my own.

Oh, I have never walked on water,

And I have never calmed a storm.

Sometimes I'm hiding away from the madness around me

Like a child who's afraid of the dark

But when I call on Jesus,

All things are possible

I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar

When I call on Jesus,

Mountains are gonna fall

'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call

Weary brother, broken daughter,

Widowed, widowed lover, you're not alone

If you're tired and scared of the madness around you

If you can't find the strength to carry on

Call Him in the morning, in the afternoon time

Late in the evening He'll be there

When your heart is broken,

And you feel discouraged,

You can just remember that He said

He'll be there

But when I call on Jesus,

All things are possible

I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar

When I call on Jesus,

Mountains are gonna fall

'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call

Can you hear God when you call?

Set your mind on Him and focus, He will answer, but you may not like what you hear.

God promised to care for you and love you and show you the way to Him.

Seek the truth and He will answer.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

lost

Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness - Deuteronomy 8:2a (NIV)   I’m going to get lost for a few days. Don’t ...