Tuesday, October 8, 2024

step by step

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.

- Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

 

Some of us remember The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show from the 1960’s – “Now here’s something we hope you’ll really like”!
Most of us just saw re-runs, but this show was fun, had multiple characters with their own plotlines and there was even history to learn!
The “Peabody’s Improbable History” segment had a fictional time machine invented by Mr. Peabody called the “Wayback machine” that would transport Mr. Peabody and his adopted boy Sherman to a time and place of historical importance so Sherman could learn the history of the world. 
So, let’s hop into the Wayback machine today and return to 2002 when Michael W. Smith released the song Step By Step.
Oh God, You are my God

Oh God, You are my God

And I will ever praise You

I will seek You in the morning

And I will learn to walk in Your ways

And Step by step You'll lead me

And I will follow You all of my days
King David, while in the wilderness of Judah, knew that the only one he could rely on was God.
He knew that his spiritual survival would not last long with out the help of God.
The intense longing that he felt for God mimics that of extreme hunger or thirst.

We cannot live without food or water, and we should not try to live without God.
We should find out way to him, step by step. 
 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

lost

Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness - Deuteronomy 8:2a (NIV)   I’m going to get lost for a few days. Don’t ...