Tuesday, August 20, 2024

a big circle

The work of righteousness will be peace, And the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever.

- Isaiah 32:17 (NKJV)

 

Peace.
It is a beautiful word, and it is an even more beautiful experience. 
I treasure the moments of peace that I have, whether I am curled up with my coffee and a book, sitting quietly next to my amazing husband, or riding through God’s country on a motorcycle (ok, motorcycles are not exactly quiet, but there is a certain serenity when you are riding). 

The new International Reader’s version (NIRV) of today’s verse reads Doing what is right will bring peace and rest. When my people do that, they will stay calm and trust in the Lord forever.
I love that idea. 
We can have peace in our lives by following the word of God, and doing what is right. 

When we do the right thing, no matter the situation, we do find peace.
When we are at peace, we seem to trust Him more, and when we trust Him, we are doing the right thing and having peace.
OOOOO – do you see the circle?  
Today, I wish you all peace. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

wise words

People should listen to the quiet words of those who are wise. That’s better than paying attention to the shouts of a ruler of foolish peopl...