Thursday, August 22, 2024

twice as nice

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NLT)

 

This is a verse that I have used several times in reference to an anniversary (happy late anniversary, Mom and Dad), and I think I will plan to use it if I ever get to perform a marriage ceremony (I was licensed in Christian Marriage earlier this year). 
It’s so very true, this verse, 

We can walk alone, but there is no one to pick us up when we fall.

We can curl up under a blanket, but we get warmer when we have someone there with us.

We can fend off a wild animal, but two people have a better survival rate.

We can do life alone, but we were not made to do life alone, we were made to support each other and build each other up.

My husband’s family, especially his parents, have shown me that there is strength in numbers.

They have been an amazing inspiration to me, in their marriage in the way they raised their kids, in how they treat their grandkids and pretty much everything they do.

I am so thankful to God that they are in my life, they are truly a gift, they change hearts and lives wherever they go.

I have seen them accomplish so much, I think it is because they always work together, and God is the very center of their lives.

Two humans are better than one, but when you have God there, you are unbreakable.

I truly believe that we were all brought together not by circumstance, but by a greater plan of an amazing Father.

I encourage you to come on this journey with me, spread God’s love and let’s do life together.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

wise words

People should listen to the quiet words of those who are wise. That’s better than paying attention to the shouts of a ruler of foolish peopl...