Monday, May 6, 2024

many years

Remember the days of old, Consider the years of many generations. Ask your father, and he will show you; Your elders, and they will tell you.

- Deuteronomy 32:7 (NKJV)

 

Have you ever taken the time to sit with someone older than you and listen to stories of their past?
It is interesting to learn what things were like when they were growing up, issues they faced, how people handled different situations, and especially reactions to new things.

My great grandfather was a farmer, and in the 1930’s and 40’s he farmed with horses.
One of my great grandmother’s stories was to tell of Grandpa’s first time driving an engine powered tractor.
She said he was driving the tractor, but he needed to stop, and he kept saying “Whoa, Whoa, WHOA!”
Grandmother said she was running along side the tractor yelling “Bob, you have to use the brakes, the BRAKES!”

I’m sure that Grandpa was frustrated that the tractor wouldn’t listen to him.
Today is my father-in-law’s birthday, (Happy birthday, Dad!), now that guy can tell the best stories! 
I love to sit and listen to him talk about growing up in Wisconsin and when he first started his business in Iowa.
I go to him for advice on a lot of things, both he and my amazing mother-in-law have so much information to share with us.

The knowledge that our elders have also needs to be passed down, it might surprise you how much they actually know, and how much of their life lessons are still very relevant today.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...