Thursday, May 2, 2024

little kids

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me. Don’t keep them away. The kingdom of heaven belongs to people like them.”

- Matthew 19:14 (NIRV)

 

It has never been a secret that I am not a fan of children.
Since my children have grown up, whenever I’ve been asked to teach Sunday school, work with teens, or help out in the nursery, my answer is always a resounding “no”, followed by “I don’t like kids” .
I have said it to a lot of people. 
Often. 
I own it because I do not want to be involved with kids, they stress me out. 
But God. 
I have heard it said that God has a sense of humor, and He has found a way to change my mind.  
Recently two little “someones” entered my life that I can’t get enough of. 
They don’t stress me out.
They aren’t related to me, but I would move mountains for them. 
They don’t know how much they have affected me. 
I count the hours until I get to see them again, and I cherish their smiles, their laughter, their hugs.
If the kingdom of heaven belongs to children, I hope that those children are like the little “someones” that are now in my life.

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...