Thursday, December 28, 2017

warm fuzzy Light

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.
– 2 Corinthians 4:6

Have you taken down your Christmas lights yet, or are you waiting until after the new year?
Most of the time I would like to take mine down right after Christmas, but hubby makes me wait until after the first . . . and then there have been years when the lights stay up (but not on) until oh, March or April, depending on what part of the country we are in and how cold it is – ha ha.
Christmas lights give us a warm fuzzy around the holidays, filling us with love and anticipation of what is to come, but the thing is, the Light doesn’t end after Christmas. 
Song reference!
Light of the world, You step down into darkness.
Open my eyes let me see.
Beauty that made this heart adore you
Hope of a life spent with you.

Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that you're my God,
You're altogether lovely,
Altogether worthy,
Altogether wonderful to me, my love.

King of all days,
So highly exalted
Glorious in heaven above.
Humbly you came to the earth you created.
All for love's sake became poor.

I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross.
And I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross.

Even though the holidays are basically over, we need to remember that Jesus isn’t just the Light of the season, He is the light of ALL seasons, and we need to continue to let Him shine in our lives so others may see Him.

Have a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...