Wednesday, December 6, 2017

sing it, baby!

Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.
– Psalm 96:1-2

Song reference!!
I will celebrate, sing unto the Lord
Sing to the Lord a new song
I will celebrate, sing unto the Lord
Sing to the Lord a new song
With my heart rejoicing within
With my mind focused on Him
With my hands raised to the heavens
All I am worshiping Him

And then there were the Grammys.
Many people will be glued to their TV on January 28th.  
A Grammy is an honor awarded by The Recording Academy to recognize outstanding achievement in the music industry.
I had to google the 84 categories, because quite honestly, I did not know if there was an award for Christian music, and I am happy to report that there are 5:
·         Best Gospel Performance/Song – added in 2015
·         Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song – added in 2015
·         Best Gospel Album – added in 2012
·         Best Contemporary Christian Music Album – added in 2012
·         Best Roots Gospel Album – added in 2015
I know that Christian music has been around way longer than 2012, this just proves that there is an opportunity for musicians in our generation.
The music industry has become a parody of itself, substituting style over substance (yes, I know, if it’s too loud, I am too old – I grew up with the hair bands!).
There is a great need for artists who can sing to the LORD a new song, going beyond the current categories of music set up by marketing companies. God has a new song for the earth.
Can you hear it?


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...