Saturday, August 13, 2016

Believe

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. 

Have you ever wondered if you really believe in God?
Sometimes in our relationship with God, He just seems distant, and sometimes there’s a sudden doubt that hits like a hammer and you start to wonder if you’re losing your faith.
What can we do?
It is a lot like technology.  I work in a technology field. I depend on technology every day to get my job done, but I have no patience for technology and often don’t understand much about how it works. I turn on my computer or my phone and I expect to be able to do what I need to do with minimal difficulty. Yet my inability to comprehend the intricacies of the way things actually function doesn’t get in the way of my benefiting from technology.
Even though we don’t understand everything about God, that doesn’t prevent us from trusting Him. He has proven His love for us. 
We may not fully comprehend His plan, and we can call it blind trust if we want, but we need to believe in Him, trust in Him, and know that He will take care of us.
Remember the poem Footprints in the sand?  (there are actually three versions published by three authors, I am using the Carolyn Carty version, published in 1963)


One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

God would not be worthy of our worship if He could be understood by our wisdom.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...