Friday, October 2, 2026

enough

So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
— Matthew 6:34 (NLT)
 
I spend a lot of time thinking about tomorrow. What needs to be done tomorrow? What am I forgetting? What could go wrong? What do I need to prepare for?
Sometimes I’m halfway through today while my mind is already living in tomorrow. Jesus gives us some pretty practical advice about that:
Don’t.
Tomorrow will get here soon enough, and when it does, God will already be there.
We aren't promised that tomorrow will be easy. We aren't even promised that everything we're worrying about will work out the way we want.
But we are given today.
Today’s grace.
Today’s strength.
Today’s blessings.
Today’s God.
Tomorrow can wait.
There is enough for today.
 
#dailybreadbykitty
Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

enough

So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. — Matthew 6:34 (NLT)   I spend...