Friday, December 4, 2020

take action

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

 - 1 John 3:18

 

Pretty much everyone has started Christmas shopping by now, even I have, and I am usually quiet the procrastinator when it comes to shopping.

Except for the Giving Tree. 

Our church has a Giving Tree that goes up every year, it is similar to the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree. 

I tend to chose from the Giving Tree because I know the families are from our church and I know that there is truly a need.

This year especially has been tough on a lot of people, so please, when you are out shopping this weekend, look for a giving tree, or an angel tree, or even call up one of the local nursing homes to see if they have a resident tree.

We can show love to people we don’t even know, by providing a few basic needs.

It always fills my heart when I’m able to share in this way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...