Monday, December 28, 2020

star

 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with His mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

- Matthew 2:10-11

 

Hopefully everyone was able to see the Star of Bethlehem in the southwest sky last week. 

Science explains this as being an “especially bright planetary conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn”, I’m not going to disagree with the “how it happens” but having seen it with my own eyes, I can understand how its appearance would make people (wise men) follow it, especially when prompted by God. 

I hope that everyone had a joyous Christmas, albeit different from years past due to the pandemic. 

I hope that you took time to appreciate and thank God for the things that we do have, things like technology to spend time with loved ones virtually when we can’t be together in person. 

We may not all have gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh, but we do have the Holy Spirit inside us that we can share with others. 

Christmas isn’t over, share His Word with others every day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...