Monday, October 17, 2016

temptation

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Most people who know me, know that I have struggled with my weight my whole life.
I have been super fat, I have been super skinny and I have been that happy medium.
My biggest challenge? Temptation.  I cannot stay away from milk chocolate and unhealthy snacks and there are no “healthy portions” in my world.
But, I carry on each day, working to lose the weight I have gained or to maintain the happy medium.
In the face of temptation, God has promised us two things: (1) a way out, and (2) the power to stand up under trial.
Can we truly believe this?
Yes, of course, because Jesus demonstrated this power, God promised us this power, and we can look at brothers and sisters in Christ who have triumphed by this power!
However, we must not think that the way out means that we are not going to face challenges, hardships, or difficulties.
Any one of us that have faced any type of struggle – weight, addiction, illness – we know that we have to face the stormy days.
Character is produced by both refusing to give into the temptation and also refusing to give up during the challenges we face for remaining faithful.
God will provide us a way out, but He is also interested in developing our holy character.
Where the balance is between the two is God's work.
Whether we choose to remain faithful is our work.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...