Monday, October 24, 2016

Clean hearts

If a man is lazy, the rafters sag; if his hands are idle, the house leaks.

I spent the weekend cleaning house, and I am exhausted!
I feel like part of me thinks, that I will keep the house spotless now, it should be easy, since it’s just two of us living there . . .
I can remember fussing at my kids about cleaning their rooms, picking up laundry, doing chores.
Then I get lazy.
Laziness is not just an attitude, it is a lack of action.
It is a choice to let important matters suffer neglect.
Trying to explain that if they don’t pick up their dirty clothes, they don’t get washed, they have nothing clean to wear the following week.
Or not doing dishes means the kitchen stinks and there isn’t silverware when it is time to eat.
It works this way in our spirits too!
If we don’t keep things clean and pure, positive and uplifting in our hearts, then our hearts get just as dirty and dusty.
And once the dirt starts to accumulate, we get lazy about wanting to work hard to keep it clean.
While the results of this choice may not always be evident, over the passage of time, the basic results of idleness are borne out by the accumulating signs of decay and destruction.
I need to go clean some more  . . .


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...