Monday, October 31, 2016

planning

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
– Proverbs 16:9

I am a planner.
I have lists for everything, sometimes even lists of my lists!
I am preparing to travel, so my lists right now are endless!
It is interesting to realize that as much as we plan, it is ultimately the Lord who determines our steps.
We are responsible to choose our course, and yet the Lord takes those choices and uses them for His glory.
This should sober us in choosing wisely today, yet relieve us that God is ultimately in control.
The Scripture presents a picture of our responsibility AND God’s sovereignty.
This is a work of wonder, which fills the heart with awe.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...