Thursday, August 6, 2026

road trip!

 You, Lord, are all I have, and you give me all I need; my future is in your hands. 
-  Psalm 16:5 (GNT)
 
Road trips... you either love them or you hate them. There really isn't much in between. If you had told twenty-year-old me that someday I'd be living nine hours away from my hometown, I would have laughed in your face. Yet here we are, making that drive several times a year to spend time with family in Iowa. The miles have become familiar enough that sometimes it feels like we could drive them in our sleep... but since there are other people on the road, sleep-driving definitely isn't on the recommended to-do list! 
One thing Randy and I always do is see if we can beat the GPS arrival time. It's become a little personal challenge. The funny thing is, the GPS doesn't account for construction zones, road closures, or the car broken down in the middle of a 75 mph highway that causes everyone ahead of you to slam on their brakes. Sometimes the only thing standing between a close call and an accident is a driver with lightning-fast reflexes. (Thank you, Randy!)  The truth is, we never really know what's around the next curve.
We don't know where we'll stop for fuel, where we'll find a clean restroom, or how we'll manage a meal on the road when you have specific nutritional needs. We simply keep following the road because we trust it will lead us to our destination.
Our walk with God is often exactly like that. He rarely hands us the whole map. Instead, He gives us the next mile. And maybe that's enough, because the destination was never in our hands to begin with. Life is much the same. We can't see every chapter before it's written. We make choices, take detours, and sometimes wonder if we've missed a turn. We experience loss. We face health challenges. We start businesses, learn new technology, celebrate victories, and weather disappointments. Through it all, God is quietly writing a story that only He can fully see.
Looking back over my life, I realize the greatest blessings weren't the ones I planned—they were the ones God planned. He saw around every curve long before I reached it. He knew the people I would meet, the lessons I would learn, the tears I would cry, and the joy that was waiting on the other side.
My future has never really been in my hands. And honestly... I'm thankful for that.
 
#dailybreadbykitty
Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

road trip!

  You, Lord, are all I have, and you give me all I need; my future is in your hands.  -  Psalm 16:5 (GNT)   Road trips... you either love ...