Thursday, June 20, 2024

war and peace

Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

- Hebrews 12:14 (NIV)

 

War and peace?
This isn’t about Leo Tolstoy’s famous novel, but you might be interested to know that Tolstoy did defend Christianity to an extent.
No, today’s verse is about seeking peace in the people around us. 
Living with bitterness in your heart toward someone else doesn’t hurt them, it hurts you.
Not going to an event because someone you don’t like will be there only makes you miss out on what could be a great time.
Holding a grudge is a huge burden to bear, and the only one that is destroyed by that grudge is you.
I fully admit that I have held on to anger far longer than I should have. 
It didn’t annoy the people I was angry at, in fact, they mostly didn’t even realize that I was mad.
The only person that my anger burned was me. 
We can’t be holy if we have anger burning in our hearts. 
Let go of anger, live in peace, learn to be holy. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

good leaders

If a man cannot be a good leader in his own home, how can he lead the church? - 1 Timothy 3:5 (NLV)   There are leaders everywhere, at our w...