Wednesday, August 30, 2023

we are family

When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home.

- John 19:26-27 (NKJV)

 

What is family?  
Let me tell you a couple of stories. 
I belong to the Christian Motorcyclists Association. 
Recently, the wife of one of our members received her RN pin, the ceremony is a pretty big deal, and as many of our chapter members that were able to attend were there on this momentous occasion – that is family.

Also recently, two of our members were united in marriage, again many of our chapter was there to celebrate with them.

At the spur of the moment, we asked the pastor to ask the congregation “who gives this bride in marriage” and our chapter stood up and said “we do” – that is family.

It isn’t always celebrations that causes family to gather, and I can tell you firsthand that my CMA family has been there for me a LOT over the past few years.

Even Jesus recognized that family doesn’t have to be blood, many times the family we choose is there for us when the family we were born to isn’t. 
I am blessed beyond measure with the family that I chose when I married my husband.

I am blessed beyond measure with the family that I chose when I joined the Christian Motorcyclists Association.
from that hour that disciple took her to his own home
We are family, and we take care of each other always.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...