Tuesday, August 22, 2023

so thirsty

For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessing on your children.

- Isaiah 44:3 (NLT)

 

Have you ever been so thirsty that you feel gallons of water will not quench the thirst? 
Then that first sip of ice-cold water is so refreshing, you feel it through your whole body? 
Thinking about this reminds me of an iced tea commercial from the 1970’s (yes, I am that old - “take the Nestea Plunge”). 
The premise of the commercial was someone who was out in the hot sun, and they took a drink of Nestea iced tea and fell backwards into a refreshing pool of water. 
God promises to refresh our soul in this verse, not only our soul but the souls of our children and grandchildren through many generations. 
I need to be refreshed sometimes; I think we all do. 
We let the weight of our jobs, the responsibilities of caring for our families, the everyday things that we all have just bury us in the dust. 
When that happens, we need the promise of the Father to clear away the dust and refresh us, heart and soul. 
Spend time with the Lord, He will quench your thirsty soul.  

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...