Tuesday, August 29, 2023

senseless and foolish

Senseless people do not know, fools do not understand, that though the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish, they will be destroyed forever.

- Psalm 92:6-7 (NIV)

 

People are strange.

Recently I had an encounter with a woman who apparently felt that continued text messages and social media posts with thinly veiled threats would provide her the vindication she needed for her harassment and overall nastiness. 
This verse comes from a sermon that I heard while visiting Iowa recently, and when revisiting my notes from that sermon (yes, I take notes in church, don’t you?) I realized that every time I responded in kind, I was simply preventing my own peace from happening.

To paraphrase what the pastor at that church said in reference to this verse, the world seeks peace but has no clue where to find it, human nature never knows where to find peace and how to retain it because we are always looking for a resolution, and the resolution can only be found in Jesus. 
Wars continued to happen, despite the United Nations trying to keep peace by force. (that’s ironic, don’t you agree?)  

God is with His people; He gathers us together so we can hear that Jesus is the peace we seek.

God promised to hear our prayers, so we don’t have to go through life alone, our cry for help is heard by God! 
Jesus is our peace; we are never alone when we lean on Him. 

Peace is mentioned over and over, God wants us to have peace, peace that surpasses our understanding. 
I am so thankful that I am not a senseless fool. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...