Wednesday, October 18, 2017

my fortress

The wicked band together against the righteous and condemn the innocent to death. But the Lord has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge. He will repay them for their sins and destroy them for their wickedness; the Lord our God will destroy them.
– Psalm 94:21-23

Sin is so prevalent in our world, the recent massacre in Las Vegas is a violent reminder of that.
The storms of life swirl around us, and sometimes we feel overwhelmed.
God never promised that we as followers would lead trouble free lives, but He did promise that no matter what comes our way He would be there.
This should give us great hope because He is a solid rock and He is always there 24/7 to comfort and calm the waves of life.
We have been promised that a day is coming when wickedness will be destroyed in the renewal of all things, and there is deliverance from the fear for those who make God their rock and fortress in Christ.
Today look to the rock that never changes for that calm and peace, and then share it with someone else.
We all are facing something, and we all need encouragement!


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...