Monday, October 16, 2017

anticipation

The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.

There used to be a commercial set for Heinz Ketchup, with a song “anticipation” (yes, I am dating myself, it was aired 1977-79, google it!)
Do you remember the anticipation that you had as a child, waiting for Christmas? 
Our parents always told us “good things come to those who wait”.
Think of a groom waiting for his bride to come down the aisle.
Imagine parents of a child that is due to be born.
Eagerly waiting!
That's what creation, so caught up with decay, disaster, and death, is doing. . . eagerly waiting.
And what is creation waiting for so eagerly?
Our transformation and revelation as God's triumphant and glorious children.
Sounds pretty wonderful for a time and world like ours.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...