Monday, October 9, 2017

Death is not the end

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

There has really been too much death in my life.
Death in the form of unexpected tragedy, and in the form of natural causes, some of the people were close to my heart and others simply break my heart when I hear of the loss.  
I don't like to think about it and I don’t want to talk about it.
But death is that one reality that will not leave us alone.
We lose friends and family members to death.
And some day we too will die, unless Jesus comes before our passing.
Now that we have that out in the open, what assurance do we have as we face the inescapable?
Obviously, the answer is our God!
He will walk us through, guiding, protecting and comforting us in our journey.
As followers of Christ, this promise is intensified because we know Jesus as our Good Shepherd, and He has taken the walk ahead of us to assure us that our walk through death's valley doesn't end in death, but in glory. 
 Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...