Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Refined

But who can endure the day of His coming? Who can stand when He appears? For He will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.
– Malachi 3:2

Song reference!
Refiner’s fire, my heart’s one desire,
Is to be holy, set apart for You, Lord. . .
Refiner’s fire was used to heat metal to the point that all of the impurities would come to the surface.
Launderers would wash clothes with a strong soap, then place the clothing upon a rock and beat them with a stick.
Both are strong images of what happens with God’s judgment and therefore present us with a dilemma—who could stand?
Only one.
Jesus Christ endured God’s judgment at the cross.
He was refined in God’s fire and beaten for our sins so that we could come to God the Father as those who are purified and cleansed.
When I look at my life, I know I need cleansing, how about you?


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...