Tuesday, December 27, 2016

overcome evil

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I read somewhere that the number one goal in dealing with difficult people or circumstances is this: Don't become what you hate.
This was not a comment about hating the person, but what it means is that we don't want to become evil, wicked, petty, and sinful in our actions and motivations.
We don't overcome the Devil by underhanded and dishonorable means.
We overcome evil and drive it back into the abyss by doing what is right and filling our hearts and lives with goodness.
There is no greater example of overcoming evil with good than Jesus.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...