Thursday, December 29, 2016

Look at me!

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

"Don't be conceited!"
That's a command for someone else, right?
I don't think I've ever met someone who felt he or she was conceited.
Many times when  we're looking for someone with whom we want to associate, we seldom look for someone ignored by the crowd, forgotten by the pretty people, and easily overlooked by others.
We want to "hang around with" those who are important, who are superstars, or at least who carry some clout.
We believe we deserve to be noticed and valued, too.
Oops, guess that's where the commands in this verse come from!


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...