Friday, November 4, 2016

Come away

Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, He said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."

"Come away."
I could be heading home to Arkansas today, but instead hubby and I decided to extend our adventure a little, just for a nice relaxing break. 
We do need to withdraw — not once-in-a-while, but often!
What is incredible is that Jesus invites His disciples (today that's us!) to withdraw with Him to a quiet place and rest with Him. 
This isn't just about getting a good night's sleep, or a nap during the day; it's about taking time in the middle of our wild and crazy days to join Him for a few moments of grace, rest, and refreshment.
Let's make these daily stops in God's Word more than quick e-mail viewing; let's let it be a time to withdraw with the Savior and take a few minutes of rest!
Today, my moment of rest just happens to be on a beach in Florida!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...