Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I miss him.

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
– Romans 12:15

Today would have been my brother’s 56th birthday.  Unfortunately, God took him home 25 years ago.
Life is a gift from God.
Our children, family, friends, neighbors, and strangers are all gifts to be savored.
Although some days may be full of hardship and sadness, each breath, heartbeat, and thought illustrates the beautiful gift of life.
When a loved one is lost, try to avoid the feeling of being robbed or wronged, keep the positive memories alive and thank God for the blessings in your past, present, and future.
Sometimes we experience sadness, guilt, despair, anxiety, fear, hopelessness, longing, anger, and frustration.
These feelings need to be expressed, but always remember that they are “at this moment”.
Knowing that it is temporary gives hope and permission to have different feelings at a later time.
The “why” and “what-if” questions will be asked over and over and at some point, we will realize that we cannot understand the divine nature of birth or death.
Embrace living without an answer by trusting and embracing the mysteries of God.
It is human to cry. Crying helps you to heal. Cry with friends, family, and alone.
Don’t be surprised when the grief “freight train” runs over you.
Just be in the moment, and it will pass.
Struggle through your emotions and you will find relief as your reward.
I will never forget my brother and I miss him every day, but I know he is with the Father and I will see him again someday.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...