Monday, September 12, 2016

Through the eyes of Jesus

"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."

So many times we hear about bad things happening to good people and we ask why. 
One of my favorite movie quotes (and I have mentioned it before) is from Soul Surfer. 
Bethany is talking with her youth pastor trying to find a reason – any reason for why she lost her arm. She said, “You know how you said it's hard to see things clearly sometimes, when you're too close? Well, I've been trying to get some perspective, I'm literally trying. Sarah... how could this be God's plan for me? I don't understand.”   
The youth pastor replied, “I don't know why terrible things happen to us sometimes. But I have to believe that something good is going to come out of this.”  
Sometimes I guess we need help to view events through the eyes of Jesus so that we will see them as events in which the work of God needs to be done.
And just what is this work of God?
To believe in the One He has sent!


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...