Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Starting Something New

Here I am . . .  Trying something new. :) 
for a few years now, I have sent a daily email to a select group of friends.  I call the email "daily bread" and it contains a Bible verse and commentary.  
Now, I am not going to claim that I make this stuff up.  I do some research and I paraphrase some thoughts, but the commentary is personalized. Those who know me, know that I have opinions!
Right now, my email reaches 89 people.  That is 89 people hearing God's word every day. :) 
A while back, one of my readers suggested that I start a blog. 
I prayed about it. 
I feel it is the right thing to do. 
So here we go.  
Please enjoy God's Word and my thoughts, and please feel free to share your own thoughts and opinions, but please be respectful. 
I hope you love it!


In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

This little light of mine
I’m gonna let it shine
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!
As Christ followers, we are not called to isolate ourselves from culture.
We are not called to be hermits or monks (as much as I would like to have an island and get away from society, that is not what He calls us to do).
Instead, we are to recognize that we are in a world of darkness and live as light.
No, not as little candles tucked away in some inner bedroom or on an island away from society.
But as candles set on their stands so all can see their light or cities on a hill that can't be hidden.
Of course, our goal is not to call attention to ourselves, but to help others see the glorious grace of our Father.
Let your light shine!

Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...