Saturday, May 28, 2016

Choose Joy Over Sorrow

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
- Psalm 30:5

As I write my very first Saturday blog, I am full of conflicting emotions. 
 My wonderful husband and I drove from our home in Arkansas to his parents home in Iowa yesterday after work. 
 I love Iowa in the spring, everything is fresh and green and beautiful. I am sad, because I know the trip will not last long, but happy to be here spending time with people I love, and I dearly love my mom and dad in-law. 
For those who don't know me (I am anticipating getting lots of new followers and friend with this blog ::giggle::), I am a cat fanatic. =^..^= 
I adore cats.
I have three of my own and I work with a non-profit organization fostering cats and kittens. Fostering is one of the most rewarding experiences that I have ever had. 
When I travel, one of my three wonderful children are kind enough to stay at my home to keep everything in order, and to take care of what ever fuzzies happen to be in my home at the moment. 
 So now that you have a little history, I can bring you back to the moment at hand. =) Currently I have a momma cat that had five babies, who all grew healthy and sassy and are ready for their forever homes. Someone brought us a litter of day old kittens that had been found, and this momma has adopted them, feeding, cleaning and caring for them. She is an awesome cat momma. 
But as often happens in the animal world, one baby did not survive. 
 I am sad, sad for the little guy that didn't make it, sad for my son, who had to deal with the little kitten body, perhaps for the first time dealing with death up close and personal. Believe me when I tell you there is joy in this too. 
No, I am not crazy. 
For the twelve days that the little guys was on earth, he knew love. Both his feline foster momma and I loved him every day. I truly believe that God loved him a little more, and wanted his little face with Him. 
And that brings me joy. 
God loves all creatures, big or small, they are His creation. He is a good Father and I am confident that He is overjoyed with successes, and that He mourns a little with us when we are sad, and He is there to comfort us with open arms of love. 
It is ok to be sad, just know that sadness won't last, our joy comes in the morning. 
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...