Thursday, October 8, 2026

sunlight

For we live by faith, not by sight.
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 (NIV)
 
Last week Randy and I had some errands to run, so we went out to accomplish all the things. On our way home, I looked toward the western sky and saw a sunset unlike anything I had ever seen.
The sun itself was hidden behind a bank of dark clouds, but above them was a perfect column of golden light reaching into the sky.
Of course, I had to take a picture.
Looking at it later, something struck me: you can’t actually see the sun in the photograph.
But there is absolutely no question that it’s there.
Its light is spilling around the clouds. Their edges are glowing. The entire sky is evidence of something hidden from view.
Faith can feel like that sometimes.
There are times when I can clearly see God working—prayers are answered, doors open, and His presence seems unmistakable. Then there are seasons when I can’t see what He is doing at all.
But not seeing God at work isn’t the same as God not working.
Paul reminds us that we live by faith, not by sight. I don’t have to understand everything God is doing to trust that He is still there.
I couldn’t see the sun that evening.
But I could see its light.
Sometimes the glow around the clouds is enough to remind us that the Son is still there.
 
#dailybreadbykitty
Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

from my driveway

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. - Genesis 9:13 (NIV)   Last Thursday ...