Monday, July 27, 2026

even if

If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and He will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. But even if He does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.
- Daniel 3:17-18 (NIV)
 
Have you ever noticed how much of life is spent saying, "I thought this would be finished by now?"
I thought the repair would be done, or this season would be over.
I thought the prayer would be answered and life would be a little easier by now.
Friday after work I picked up my vehicle, thankful to finally have it back. I didn't even make it out of the parking lot before I heard that familiar grinding noise coming from the front. Needless to say, it goes back to the shop today. It's disappointing, but if I'm honest, that's life. Things don't always happen on our schedule.
Friday night, my wonderful and amazing husband surprised me with a backyard date night. We watched I Can Only Imagine 2. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. The movie hit a little close to home as Bart Millard, the lead singer of MercyMe, walks through his son's diabetes diagnosis while also facing a close friend's battle with cancer.
By the end of the movie, the song "Even If" takes on an even deeper meaning.
Faith isn't just believing that God can do something. Sometimes faith is trusting Him... even if He doesn't do it the way—or when—we hoped.
That reminded me of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (Rack, Shack and Benny for us Veggie Tales fans!) in Daniel 3. Standing before King Nebuchadnezzar, they boldly declared that God was able to rescue them from the fiery furnace. But then they said something even more remarkable:
"But even if He does not..."
Their faith wasn't dependent on the outcome. They trusted God's character more than they trusted their circumstances.
That's a challenging kind of faith.
It's easy to trust God when the repairs are finished, the test results come back clear, the prayers are answered the way we hoped, and life falls neatly into place. But faith grows deepest when we can still say, "Lord, I know You are able... but even if things don't go the way I planned, I will still trust You."
Today, whatever your "even if" may be, remember that God's goodness isn't measured by whether everything works out according to our timeline. His presence, His love, and His promises remain faithful through every unexpected detour.
 
#dailybreadbykitty
Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

even if

If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and He will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. ...