God
is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
- Psalm 46:1(NIV)
Not every day is filled with joy. As much as we wish life could
be one celebration after another, there are days when our phones ring with news
we never wanted to hear.
Several years ago, a very dear friend was diagnosed with a horrible disease. By God's grace, through medications and treatment, my friend overcame it. We celebrated every victory, every good report, and every milestone that pointed toward healing.
Then came the news no one wanted to hear: the disease has returned.
I have to admit, I am overwhelmed with emotions. While I have every confidence that my friend will fight this battle with every treatment and every option available, there is a part of me that simply wishes I could make it all go away.
But I can't. I can't heal. I can't carry this burden for my friend. I can't change the diagnosis.
What I can do is pray. I can love. I can listen. I can be there for whatever my friend needs.
Sometimes we feel like those things are too small, especially when we're facing something so overwhelming. We wish we had the right words, the right medicine, or the ability to fix what is broken. But maybe God never asked us to be the healer. Maybe He simply asks us to be faithful friends while He does what only He can do.
Psalm 46:1 reminds us, "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Notice it doesn't say God is present only after the storm has passed. He is present in the trouble. He walks beside us through every appointment, every difficult conversation, every anxious night, and every uncertain tomorrow.
Today, my prayer is simple. I pray for complete healing for my friend. I pray for wisdom for the doctors, peace for the family, strength for the journey ahead, and countless reminders that God has not left their side for even a moment.
And if you are carrying someone on your heart today, know this: your prayers matter. Your presence matters. Your love matters. Sometimes the greatest gift we can give is simply refusing to let someone walk through the valley alone.
#dailybreadbykitty
Daily Inspiration from the Bible
- Psalm 46:1(NIV)
Several years ago, a very dear friend was diagnosed with a horrible disease. By God's grace, through medications and treatment, my friend overcame it. We celebrated every victory, every good report, and every milestone that pointed toward healing.
Then came the news no one wanted to hear: the disease has returned.
I have to admit, I am overwhelmed with emotions. While I have every confidence that my friend will fight this battle with every treatment and every option available, there is a part of me that simply wishes I could make it all go away.
But I can't. I can't heal. I can't carry this burden for my friend. I can't change the diagnosis.
What I can do is pray. I can love. I can listen. I can be there for whatever my friend needs.
Sometimes we feel like those things are too small, especially when we're facing something so overwhelming. We wish we had the right words, the right medicine, or the ability to fix what is broken. But maybe God never asked us to be the healer. Maybe He simply asks us to be faithful friends while He does what only He can do.
Psalm 46:1 reminds us, "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Notice it doesn't say God is present only after the storm has passed. He is present in the trouble. He walks beside us through every appointment, every difficult conversation, every anxious night, and every uncertain tomorrow.
Today, my prayer is simple. I pray for complete healing for my friend. I pray for wisdom for the doctors, peace for the family, strength for the journey ahead, and countless reminders that God has not left their side for even a moment.
And if you are carrying someone on your heart today, know this: your prayers matter. Your presence matters. Your love matters. Sometimes the greatest gift we can give is simply refusing to let someone walk through the valley alone.
Daily Inspiration from the Bible
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.