Monday, April 16, 2018

feeling betrayed


For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Matthew 6:14-15

I have recently come into a situation that has left me feeling quite betrayed.
I have to deal with it.
I have to confront the person that betrayed me, I have to ask that person to forgive me for ever giving them the opportunity to betray me, and most important, I have to forgive that person.
This is hard.
I don’t even know where to start because I truly don’t want to hurt that person or destroy the friendship.
But, I have to talk to the person, I have to get past the hurt, I have to walk in to understanding and I have to forgive.
This is what we are told to do: forgive.
How many times have we betrayed God?
How many times has He forgiven us?
What kind of person are we, if we don’t have the same compassion that God gracefully shows us?

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...