Thursday, February 9, 2017

it's amazing!

Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Another song reference . . . this one should be familiar:
The Lord has promised good to me,
His Word my hope secures;
He will my Shield and Portion be,
As long as life endures.

In case you did not recognize it, that is the fourth verse of Amazing Grace.
What can truly fulfill and sustain us?
Only our relationship with God lasts.
If He is what lasts, then how can we displace Him for anything that doesn't?
Amazing Grace, indeed.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...